Divide on Android for Exchange
From Provider Wiki
Divide is an alternative Exchange ActiveSync client for Android that runs as a somewhat customized, secure implementation of the stock Android Exchange ActiveSync stack. Since much of this client is ported directly from the Android codebase, Divide provides a reliable email, contact, and calendaring experience for Android users, even those using devices with UI overlays. Additionally, this client is secured within an AES-256 encrypted container that prevents the data contained therein from being accessed by other applications, or malicious users if the device is lost or stolen. More information is available on Enterproid's website, as well as on ISC's Divide product page. Divide is the supported and recommended client for non-Nexus Android devices.
Please note that users going through Divide setup the first time will have to enter additional server and account information. This information is synced to Enterproid and will not be necessary on subsequent installations of the Divide application.
- Install the application from the Google Play store
- Select Accept again at the next prompt
- At the subsequent splash screen, select Continue
- In the Setup email screen, enter your email address with @exchange.upenn.edu domain and your Exchange password. Note: Your Exchange password may not be the same as your PennKey password
- The next screen will ask you to set Divide as the default launcher and dialer. This allows switching between the Android and Divide environments. Press Set default launcher.
- A prompt will appear offering the choice between Divide and the device's standard launcher. Select Divide, then press Always.
- Press Set default Dialer. A prompt will appear offering the choice between Divide and the device's standard dialer. Select Divide', then press Always.
- Activation will progress and the Security screen will appear. Select PIN or Password to provide authentication to the Divide environment.
- In the PIN or Password window, enter the appropriate pin or password, then select Done. Next, press All set. Finish
- The Congratulations screen will appear. Select Launch Divide to open the Divide environment.