Enabling Tracing in SecureW2
From Provider Wiki
SecureW2 has an advanced logging or "tracing" feature that can be interpreted by Provider Desk staff as well as by the vendor of SecureW2. From time to time, these logs have proven invaluable when attempting to resolve difficult problems.
Step by step:
- Open the SecureW2 Configuration Manager by doing the following:
- Go to the AirPennNet wireless connection Properies window.
- Click the Security tab
- Click the Settings button next to the "SecureW2: SecureW2 EAP-TTLS" entry
- The SecureW2 Configuration Manager window will open
- Click the Log tab
- Set the EAP Methods and Service entries to "DEBUG"
- Click OK
- Attempt to connect to AirPennNet again (replicate the error)
- Open the SecureW2 Configuation Manager again, go to the Log tab, and set the EAP Methods and Service entries to "DISABLED"
- NOTE:It is very important trace logging be turned off within a few connection attempts as these logs can become quite large quickly.
- Go to the %windir$\tracing directory on the laptop (usually c:\WINDOWS\tracing)
- Zip this folder and send it in to be appended to your case.