Zimbra connector for Outlook
From Provider Wiki
Below are preliminary instructions for installing and configuring the Zimbra Connector for Outlook for ISC's Zimbra server.
A Zimbra account must already be in place prior to configuring the connector; to create your account please go to:
Note: the instructions below were copied from Zimbra's Connector for Outlook page and have been adapted for use at Penn.
NOTE: For 32-bit versions of Office, install the 32-bit version of the Zimbra Outlook Connector. For 64-bit versions of Office, install the 64-bit version of the connector. To determine what version of Office is installed, launch any Office application, open the File menu, and then select Help. The version information is displayed on the right-side under "About %Application Name%".
Download the Zimbra Outlook Connector 32-bit
Download the Zimbra Outlook Connector 64-bit
Steps to Install the ZCS Connector for Outlook
It only takes a few minutes for users to install ZCO on their computers and configure the connection to the Zimbra server. The user’s Zimbra account must be created, but no specific changes are required on the Zimbra server. Installing ZCO creates a mail profile named Zimbra and designates it as the default profile in Outlook (Current POBOX users see NOTES below).
Users will need to know the following in order to complete the installation:
- Zimbra server domain name (DNS).
- Currently zimbra.upenn.edu
- Their complete ZImbra email address and their Zimbra email password.
The following describes the installation and configuration steps that are performed on each computer.
- Be sure Outlook is closed prior to installion.
- Open the zipped file and extract the contents
- Launch the unzipped .msi file; a Welcome dialog displays; click "Next" to continue.
- Select "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" and click "Next" to continue.
- When the Confirm Installation page displays, click "Next" to begin the installation. The dialog displays the progress bar.
- When the installation is complete, Installation Complete dialog displays; click "Close".
- Open Outlook; complete the Zimbra Server Configuration Settings dialog as follows.
- Server Name: zimbra.upenn.edu
- Use Secure Connection. Check this box to establish a secure connection to that port.
- Email Address: <your PenKey username>@zimbra.upenn.edu
- Password: <your Zimbra password>
- Click "Apply" and "OK" to complete.
Upgrading the ZCS Connector for Outlook
The latest version of the ZCO can be installed on top of a previous version following the above instructions #1 through #5. During "Installing ZCS..." you will receive a dialog box informing "An older version of the product is already installed. Do you want to upgrade to version x.x.xxxx?" You will need to click "Yes" to continue. Upon clicking "Close" button in the "Installation complete" dialog box the upgade is complete. Since the profile information is retained during the upgrade, no further configuration to the profile is necessary
Final Steps—Initial Sync
Users can now log on and use Outlook. The first time users work within Outlook’s mail, calendar, tasks, or contacts folders, Outlook automatically syncs with the Zimbra server. If users have been using the Zimbra Web Client and have email messages, tags, address books with contacts, and calendar appointments on the Zimbra server, this information is synchronized with their Zimbra profile in Outlook. The initial synchronization can take a few minutes. If users create the default Zimbra profile, their synchronized files are saved in the zimbra.zdb file located in the user’s Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. In Outlook 2007, this data is stored in the user’s Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. If users used Notes and Journal in Outlook, these items will be lost when an initial sync is performed. In order to keep their Notes and Journal entries, users should save these Outlook items in pst format before syncing and then import the pst file after the initial sync is performed. Note: If you are running McAfee® Security On-Delivery E-mail Scanner feature, the initial sync is very slow. We recommend that this option be turned off for the initial sync with the Zimbra server. Users can click Tools>Send/Receive>Send/Receive All (shortcut key F9) to update Outlook and the Zimbra server with changes made since the last sync. Important: When the Zimbra server is restored from a Zimbra backup session, users will need perform an initial sync with the Outlook client when they log on.
- Current POBOX users: When you first open Outlook after configuring the Zimbra connector, your POBOX configuration will not be available. Your settings have not been lost, but the connector has configured a new profile called "Zimbra" under Control Panel>Mail, and set this new profile as the default. To have access to your Zimbra data concurrently with your POBOX data, you will need to configure an IMAP connection for POBOX under the new Zimbra profile. (If you are forwarding your POBOX mail to Zimbra, you will not need to set up an IMAP connection to POBOX.)
- When initially launching Outlook, you may see dialog boxes regarding RSS Feeds, Instant Search, and MS Updates; reply to these dialog boxes at your discretion (they affect Outlook itself, not the Zimbra configuration).
- When installing the client, the user may need to have administrative privileges over the local machine (at least temporarily). Once the connector has been installed, the user may be downgraded to a typical user.
- If you need to determine the current version of the ZCO installed in Outlook select About Zimbra Conector for Outlook under the Help menu in Outlook.
- In Office 2007 the ZCO (5.0.3255) adds the following options to the Tools menu: Zimbra Server Rules, Out of Office Assistant, Mailbox Quota"; in Office 2010 the ZCO adds the following options to the Add-Ins tab: Other Users Mailbox, Zimbra Server Rules, Out of Office Assistant, Mailbox Quota, Zimbra Show Progress.